17 July, 2008

Portraits.

Thanks everyone for checking out my first entry!


Today I'm going to make a post about various portraits.

Let's start with self-portraits (for I am the subject I know best!)
These two I did just last semester. The first one is in acrylic while the other is a study done in oils. That was my first time using oils and since then I'm a little more comfortable with them.






These two I did freshman year. They're kind of similar to each other in a way. Mostly in the way that they don't look like me, haha.







Two portraits...
the first is a commission I just completed. The reference picture was really poor but I did the best I could.
The second is from freshman year, I had to use values of 2 contrasting colors in our paintings.







And these are sketches of last year's roommates...






Ta for now!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really love the way you use pencils. There's something just so awesome and different about the sketch portraits in comparison to the paintings. Dunno what though C:

Maria said...

Thanks Em. I think it's really because I'm the most comfortable with pencils at this point. And also because those are the most recent things in the post.